Solaris RPG
Krauser

[FROSTLORE] A Holiday Gathering (5X EXP & GOLD)

Garr, the Guardian, stands at the doorway of the Sunfire Tavern. As you near the tavern on your way through the city he welcomes you over with a friendly gesture. "Friend, come on over. It's Frostlore week in the city, come join the celebration!" As you accept his invitation and step through the doorway you're greeted with the gentle warmth of the heart and the smells of holiday aromas. Norven Nelbright sits in the back corner of the tavern and takes a final sip from a cup of hot cocoa before starting his next holiday instrumental on a large black piano. Who knew the strange little man was so good at the keyboard!

Garr takes a seat at the bar as you find your way into the tavern. Buh'lah Kee is laying on the rafters with his feet kicked up in the shadows. Dorn of Ylelthaeus is sitting at the bar near Garr and the two of them seem to be speaking of battles long forgotten. What makes up the remaining bits of the Thunderwing brotherhood also sit at another table to your right, Lothuron and Kelthuron. There are several other random inhabitants roaming the tavern making idle chit chat while eating and drinking various holiday delights.

Will you stay awhile and join in the holiday festivities?

The door to the tavern bursts open and a skinny half frozen male rushes across the threshold and barges inside. Looking nervously around the room, the young man spots the barkeep and nods his head while motioning a greeting with his hand. With the door wide open, Ignius Flagonius attempts to join the other patrons inside the tavern, but the large bundle of maps in his arms continuously snags on the door frame. He abruptly slides his glasses up his nose, and places his foot firmly against the door frame, then pushes hard with his foot and pulls his maps inside, easily tearing the parchment on a few of the rolls. 

Stumbling further inside, the young man rights himself and then confidently approaches the bar. "Ignius Flagonius. Academy Cartographer." He says as he plops his bundles down on the floor and then his self onto a stool. "I'll have a cocoa. Please."

Garr eyes Ignius has he enters the tavern with all of his parchments. "A cartographer, eh?" This has clearly caught the Guardians interests. Garr turns his attention from his own conversation for a moment to focus on Ignius. "Looks like you've been very busy lately. Business is good I take it?" Garr grins and takes a drink of his own hot cocoa. "Do you have any maps for sale by chance? I wouldn't mind having one to frame and put on the wall back home, particularly of the Osperian Forest. Do you have a shop here in town?" Garr is clearly interested in Ignius' work almost as soon as he sits down. He's always been quite the explorer.

Ignius looks over Garr and slightly smiles at the large mans interest in his maps. "Business is... mine." He says with a snooty attitude. "I do not have a workshop, in fact, I do most of my work on the road and I document everything for the Academy. They frown upon me selling any of the maps." He says with raised volume, but not quite yelling and begins turning his head away from Garr, to eyeball the room, before rummaging through his stockpile of rolled up parchment. He painstakingly pulls out one decorated with green trim, and slides it across the counter top.

"You did not get this from me, but if you say you did... then you did... because... you did something terrible to me." He mutters quietly to the large fellow, but stutters on his words, and then slyly leans back on his stool. "It has lots of interesting locations marked on there. I even found a civilization of Nu'Lath. I call it New Lanthia." He says, with wonder and awe filling his words.

Taking a sip from his drink, Ignius then leans in again. "But if you really fancy yourself an adventurer, maybe you could find yourself out in the Great Plains? Maybe finish mapping out this network of caves?" He says, trying to be intriguing. "A very interesting individual already looked into a good portion of it and found some great things in the deep dark tunnels. Maybe you could too."

For a moment Garr’s not entirely sure how to take the little man. At first Ignius closely reminded him of a snooty young man by the name of Kwin Alexander Dark, who used to be a Headmaster at the Academy. Garr never felt inclined to look down on anyone he met, everyone was equal in his eyes, until proven otherwise... but Kwin has a way of making people feel unintelligent and lesser than he should have. That didn’t sit well with Garr, old memories stirred up. So he took another drink and motioned for the bar tender to get him something a little stronger. 

As Ingius continued talking however, Garr lightened up. His new beverage arrived and he took a huge gulp. He eyed Ignius as he suddenly changed direction in the conversation and actually slid him over a map. “Well thank you very much.” He looked over the map, “The plains huh? I can do that. I’d love to.” Garr was just looking for something to keep his mind busy... Garr was a Guardian without a clear purpose in life after his brother had returned him to life. He remembered the darkness and coming back to life, part of him was happy, and part felt lost. It was good to be back but for a Guardian without a set purpose it was an underwhelming existence.

Garr scanned over the parchment and smiled as only someone of his facial features can. “I’d love to do it!” He said almost excitedly as he took another drink and continued looking over the mans work. 

Sitting in front of the great fireplace of the Sunfire Tavern, in a warm Dortuk leather arm chair sits an unassuming man. He is clad in silver robes but even so he seems to blend in with his surroundings, as if there is divine intervention to keep him unnoticed. Next to the chair is a small wooden side table with a bottle and glass sitting upon it. The label on the bottle reads, 'Osper Farms Fermented Tulvarian Eggnog.' 

The words "Great plains" catches the man's ear as he begins actively eavesdropping on the conversation coming across the room. 'very interesting individual' could be anyone but the Cipher Friar learned long ago to trust his instincts. He takes a drink of the eggnog and sets the glass back on the side table.

Brother Nathaniel rises to his feet and wipes the Tulvarian eggnog mustache on the arm of his robe. With the bottle and glass in his hands he approaches the bar.

He places the bottle and glass on the bar and looks at the two men talking.

"Gentleman" He bows with grace. "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation." Brother Nathaniel turns to the cartographer. "this 'very' interesting man you met in the Great Plains, was he traveling alone?" The friar took the bottle of Tulvarian eggnog and gestured that the men were welcome to it before pouring himself another glass.

He turned to the other seated figure as he took in the stature of the man. "A Guardian, I've read about the noble Guardians in holy scripts but never been in their presence." The friar extended his hand. "I'm Brother Nathaniel."

Edited by Lutuck

Marius walked into the tavern as confused as one can be, for he had just stepped into town for the first time, when he was called friend and was practically forced to go to a tavern before even looking around. He sighed, he watched each person carefully, with eagle eyes. He watched a flamboyant man have a conversation with the man who welcomed him, and a man in silver robes. He stepped over to the bar and ordered a room and drink.

Ignius turned his attention to the door and watched as a young man walked in and headed straight to the bar. "Do you know this young man?" He asked Garr and Brother Nathaniel with a muffled tone.

While waiting for their response, Ignius slightly lifted his nose into the air and inhaled the Frostlore scents. After he deciphered the typical spices and festive aromas, he picked up on the beautiful scents of meat and pies. "What kinds of food are they serving in here? I've grown tired of the trail rations I've had for the past several months.”

Acting as if he hadn't asked a single question, Ignius leans closer towards the new arrival. " Ignius Flagonius the Third." He says as he reached his arm across his body, fingers extended as before.

Marius' drink is served and he takes a swig as he watches the man turn to him. His hand is extended , Marius glances down at the hand, he can't do any more contact today. He sighs, "Unless you have a contract, or want to have one less hand you will retract your greeting, Ignius." Marius turns and flips out a small blade for added affect, before downing the entire glass.