Solaris RPG
Gremlock

[RP] The City Gate

Gremlock rides his large flying bike through the sky, he flies down and lands on the main street through the city, many of the people outside in the streets go inside closing their doors and windows as they watch Gremlock being followed by several armed flying aveins. As he lands the wheels close before striking the ground and he rolls smoothly to a stop at a pair of massive gates to the city.

There were a few guards around but seeing Gremlock put them at ease. And there was not many around in the streets because of the newcomers that were following behind Gremlock at the time.

He comes to a stop and got back off of his Bike. Turning to the Avians "Sorry about before. This might not seem like it but it is a decent location to speak. No one should trouble us here. *Gremlock moves over to a local Guardhouse and runs out the soul occupant there. Normally this was not allowed... But Gremlock is a rather imposing figure and everyone in the city knows him as a great warrior that has been through many a battle.

And if he can help it the avians will not be long, he hopes. "Come in and have a sit. We can continue our discussion in here."

Giran and company followed Gremlock through the skies all the way to the front gates of the large city. As Gremlock landed at the gates and sent the guard award, Giran and company landed and cautiously approached the structure in which Gremlock invited them into. Giran headed inside, leaving his guards outside, as well as the two boys. This was the kings business as far as he was concerned, and he was ready to sit down man to man with Gremlock and have a conversation about the whereabouts of his son, Sirak.

Giran went inside and found a seat as Gremlock requested. The two guards remained outside, guarding the entrance, but Onek and Daz quickly headed off on their own as soon as the two guards weren't paying attention. Much to their surprise the first guard noticed the sudden disappearance of the two and immediately notified his partner. Instead of immediately letting the king know, they decided to let them go, in hopes they would soon return. Perhaps they would find Sirak and they could all get the hell out of this place.

Giran eyed Gremlock from across the table, "So are you the leader of this place?" he asked, first thing.

"No, that title belongs to another. I'm more of a highly respected warrior. Which puts me in the higher ranking of the City." Gremlock says. "I'm sure the leader of the city will show himself in due time, but he stays quite busy with many matters." Gremlock takes a deep breath before breathing out his nose and looking at the man before him. "let us speak about this boy, your son. No doubt it will shed a little light on the situation at hand."

Gremlock says as he sits back, in an apparently very powerful chair considering his weight, though it does creek loudly as he makes himself more comfortable. 

"Belongs to another? Who would that be?" he said, inquisitively. "I would like to speak with this person as soon as possible." Little did Giran know, this person was Krauser, who he had imprisoned! That would be an interesting conversation to say the least.

Giran paused and focused on Gremlock now. Gremlock was an enormous beast of a creature. Giran had heard of Gorgons, but never actually seen one. To him, this entire city seemed like a big mixing bowl of cultures and races.

"My son, Sirak, came to this place on his own. He left two of his friends behind. The three of them were never meant to come to the Lowlands. It is forbidden by our laws, laws that I did not establish myself. These laws were established by a council of our Elders many years ago."

Giran didn't like the laws himself, but he had sworn to uphold them. Part of his stalwart attitude and personality was exactly why he was chosen to be the king, the other part of course being that he was the son of the late Girak Luhia... who took the Avians to the next level in regards to technology.

"If you have not seen Sirak, perhaps someone else has. I know he is here somewhere. He must return with me at once." he was certainly persistent, but his tone had loosened up since he had sat down and began the conversation with Gremlock. Perhaps he wasn't as much of a hard ass as everyone thought. For whatever reason, he suddenly changed the subject now.

"So, you are a Gorgon I take it? I remember learning about you in school. You're people are mighty and persistent. It was our understanding back home that you are not from this world at all, but from another world. Our scholars called this place Gorgonia, having been provided with information from another era. Is this true?"

Giran was genuinely curious. Gremlock seemed receptive to conversation, and Giran was suddenly feeling the urge to learn more about this place. Perhaps these people weren't so bad afterall, he thought. Unfortunately Giran's only interaction with the Lowlanders had been with some random explorer's and a band of Vegonian marauders who stormed the base of his mountain several months ago.

Gremlock rubs his chin with a meaty finger pondering upon Giran's words of his laws. "Far be it from me to say, but perhaps its time for a change of the law." He lifts his hand for a moment to pause the bird from speech. "Take it from an old Warrior, Keeping your people safe at the cause of their own freedom will only lead to rebellion. All creatures must spread their wings and fly on their own after a while. Though a home city is nice to have, one cannot, and should not prevent their own people from leaving if they choose to... That being said I do not know much of your laws, but take it from a man who has lived to see the rise and fall of many a kingdom, it does not bold well.

Gremlock looks to the king and lets out a heavy sigh. "Yes, my people are far, far from here. The world I hail from is different then I remember. I have been away for a very long time. At with current technology, I will not be returning home anytime soon, if ever." He pauses for a moment. "yes, being displaced through time does tend to make that difficult..." Then he catches up with what the king said.

"So, someone came back before us did they? Whom might that have been?" he asks, There were so many questions from the king that Gremlock kinda just picked and choose what to talk about, also kinda skipped over the first half of the conversation as he felt that other parts the king spoke of were of much more relevance at the current moment.

Giran eyed Gremlock as he pondered. The dude's fingers were huge. His hands were huge... he was the largest behemoth of a man he'd seen until now. "I've thought about this many times, friend..." he seemed to be warming up to Gremlock and this city. "The council is extremely conservative and overly strict with the laws. If I don't bring my son back home soon and make him face trial, things will go very poorly for myself, my children, and my close followers." Giran didn't want to admit it, but this council of Skyhold City was a real problem.

Getting back to Gorgonia, "Do you wish to return home?" he asked. If Giran and his son didn't return soon, he'd be without a home... exiled to the lowlands forever. He was certain the council wouldn't kill them, just exile them. One of the members, Skrid, was very against Giran and his followers. He wanted his own son in power, and would stop at nothing to see Giran voted out of office and his son voted in. Skrid was a devious bastard and a Blackfeather to boot. The Blackfeather's were an offshoot species that evolved from some sort of blackbird during the early days of the Hyperevolution.

"My father, Girak... I'm sure you knew him, he spoke highly of you. He told me many stories of the future, of a Krauser Killener and a Gremlock the Windmaker... and a few others. He told us stories of a race of shapeshifters known as the Eatherlings. He taught us of dragons, sandwyrms, space trains, and giants... you name it, he shared stories of it. My son, Sirak, was awe struck by his tales, completely mesmerized. He has always been an adventurous one... out of all his siblings I knew he'd be the one to eventually try and leave home... and sure enough, here we are." He seemed to smile at the thought of his adventurous son, and the more he contemplated things, the more he did not want to go home and turn his son over to the council, and with that, he had a thought.

"I think I have an idea... As much as it pains me to do it, I think Sirak may be better off staying here with you. I will return to the city with my guards and tell them Sirak didn't make it. Better to leave him here, than return with him only to have him imprisoned, though they may choose to exile him. The risk is too high though. If you don't mind, would you be able to help me locate him so I can just say goodbye?" Girak had been thinking about it long and hard, and this was the best way to get around the council, and not force his son to return home. He didn't know Daz and Onek had also fled though, not yet anyway. Perhaps not even the guards outside had noticed yet.

Gremlock nods in understanding of Girans predicament. Giran did not have total and complete power over everything in his city it appeared. Gremlock was pondering over the king's words when he asked another, which got him thinking of as well, but he knew the answer.

"No." He said. "The home that is there is not the one I remember. It would do me no good to return there now. Solaris is my home now, and I will remain to protect it and everything that lives here for as long as I live." He says with finally but not without an undertone of sadness.

Still, Gremlock gives a half smile. "Girak, I remember him. Not a lot mind you but, enough to say he was an interesting fellow. So he was your father?" He nods in understanding and takes a closer look at the king. "Ah, yes I can see some of his features in you now that you mention it."

"Krauser Killener... He is a good man, and he is still around. I am not entirely sure where no doubt trying to keep the city from imploding or something." He chuckles at his own little half-joke. "It no doubt takes a lot of time to keep everything running around here. And with no one knowing what darkness is coming you have to be ready for anything. Its been quiet for the past few months." He takes in a breath through his nose but moves on with the conversation.

Gremlock nods to the Giran. "I will gladly help you find your son. And I will also say, no matter what, this city is a good and safe place. He could live here and any others that might be exiled as well. I've no doubt you and your son is welcome here." Gremlock smirks. "Though, I do remember in the future, unless if I'm thinking wrong, but there was a small village of Avians near Xhan Tarn..." He winks. "But you did not hear that from me..." He whispers before standing to his feet, the chair he is sitting upon squeaks in relief as the massive Gorgon lifts his exponential weight from its small frame.

"I am ready when you are to begin the search. No doubt I could use some droids to search the city in a matter of a few minutes to an hour and see if he is located within its walls." He says trying to be as helpful as possible. He just hopes that he can help this father find his son and resolve the situation as soon as possible. At the moment the King, Giran has a battle of his own back in his own homeland. And Gremlock must be honest with himself that he has done battle mostly in the fields rather than in a room, with words. "If there is any other help you might need." Gremlock looks to Giran. "Do not be afraid to look me up, I'll see what I can to help if I can." He stats and awaits the king's replay.

(Thank God for Spellcheck.)

As Giran listened to Gremlock's story he realized just how honorable this enormous behemoth of a man really was. He would protect this planet as long as he lived? Did everyone in this city feel this way? He could only wonder. He felt compelled to spend more time here now though. He wanted to observe, learn, and examine the city now. It was very clear Gremlock missed his homeworld, but it seemed as though he now felt Solaris was his home.

Yes, Girak was indeed my father. I miss him every day," as Gremlock examines him closer, "...and yes, they say I closely resemble the old man." He chuckled.

Giran watched as Gremlock finally got back up. The tiny chair creaked loudly as he climbed to his feet. Giran half expected the chair to buckle, but it was surprisingly sturdy. He found Gremlock's mention of an Avian village in the future interesting, no city in the sky? What happened to it... he could only wonder. That was a question for another day.

"You would come with me to search for my son, right now?" he was shocked to say the least.

"You don't even really know me... You knew my father, but you don't know me or my son. You don't owe us anything at all."

Giran knew these people were clearly respectable. The city was clean and ran like clockwork. The people were good, from what he could tell, though if he were to have met Norven first instead of Gremlock things could have gone far off track, quickly. He stood up and scooted his chair in, he just assumed they did that here.

"Well, if you are willing, let us go. I think I will leave Sirak to his own wishes. If he wants to stay, he can. I feel he is in good hands here." He smiled as only an Avian can, and then headed out the door with Gremlock.

As the two of them stepped back outside the guards were still standing watch, completely oblivious to the fact that Onek and Daz had left in search of Sirak. About that time however, Sirak, Onek, and Daz all glided down and landed in front of the king and Gremlock.

"Splendid! You've found my son!" He cheerfully exclaimed as the three of them landed. Sirak looked worried, clearly. The two guards quietly stared at one another, as if to say "When did they leave?" without actually saying a word. One shrugged to the other and they carried on with their guard duties, quietly listening to the conversation.

Edited by Giran

Sirak, Onek, and Daz all silently land before Giran, Gremlock, and the guards.

"Father, I'm so sorry... I should have never left without explaining myself. I felt like you wouldn't understand though," Sirak immediately began trying to explain.

"We followed the prisoner back to this city, and I couldn't help myself. I was so curious I decided to send Onek and Daz back home and explored the city on my own. I lost track of the bald man though, then I ran into some people back at a tavern not far from here. I drank some strange golden liquid and had some interesting conversations with some ladies there. One of them wanted to ride me!" he just kept spilling the beans, still a little red in the face from all the beer he had drank just a few moments before.

"Dad, I want to stay here! I don't want to go back. Tell the council I'm dead or something... or that you couldn't find me," Sirak continued. The two guards quietly listening the entire time. The were sworn to do whatever the king wished, and if it came down to it, they were loyal enough they would never spill the beans on what really happened, even if the council asked.

Onek and Daz quietly stared at one another as Sirak just let the king have it, Daz chimed in almost immediately.

"I wish to stay with Sirak, here in this city."

Onek chimed in as well.

"I too would like to stay with Sirak, if you'll allow it my lord."

They awaited a response from Giran.... hopeful and nervous.

Without a bit of argument, Giran suddenly spoke out, "Very well. You can all stay. The guards and I will return and explain the situation. The council will have to understand. I will not lie. Things need to change," he was putting his foot down.

It was very clear to him that Sirak and his friends would be fine here in this city. He knew the prisoner had been wrongfully held captive for trespassing, regardless or who he was or where he was now. He hadn't even met the man yet.

"Gremlock," he turned to face the behemoth, "Could you please keep an eye on my boy? I can see that you are a good man, and I trust you." Giran did certainly have a way of reading people, even people he'd just met. This Gremlock was an honorable man, and the king knew the giant gorgon probably wouldn't mind showing his son around the city.

"I must now return and figure out how I'm going to explain this situation. Guards!"

He quietly stepped over to his son, whispered something into his ear, placed something in his hands, and then turned away. He nodded to both Onek and Daz. Then turned back to face Gremlock. He tossed him a leather pouch full of something very heavy and thanked him. He had found a good man in Gremlock, and a friend.

"I will return soon... Please, be respectful boys... and don't get into any trouble. Learn about this place, build relationships, and make it clear that our people are not a threat. Perhaps we can arrange some sort of treaty and trade agreement in the near future," Giran warned, and then took flight, his guards following close behind. He would now return to Skyhold City and do his best to warm the council up to the idea that his son was their new Avian ambassador for the entire nation.

Edited by Giran

Gremlock follows the king out of the shack and out into the light of day. The sun sparkling off the stone streets, as soon as they reach the outside world three others join them. Two of them were the guards from before and one new alien whom was new. The king spoke with this new alien and Gremlock found him to be the kings lost son. Gremlock sighs with some relief that his son has been found so, quickly. 

After the son said his piece and the king spoke his own they parted. Gremlock had not seen the king slip the young avien anything.

King Giran then tossed Gremlock a small pouch shock Gremlock grabbed from the air on reflex, glancing at it before returning his eyes to the king.

*Gremlock nods and gives a wave to the king as he leaves. "Safe travels" he speaks aloud as the king is away back towards his home. 

Gremlock then turns back to the others in the flock and moves closer to them." I am Gremlock, if you wish to stay you may. I will be showing Sirak aroumd the city." He says be for taking a sniff of the putrid breath and slight sway from Sirak. "Perhaps the inn would be best for a first stop, we can sit you all up with rooms there." He looked back to the guards. "Unless if you two have other plans, you may do,as you wish, just please do,t 'start' any trouble." He smerks. Though, fair warning, trouble does tend to find us every now and again." 

He lifts a small device in hand hand pushes a button causing his bike to roar to life and roll over next to himself. "It would be beast if Sirak here allow me to ride him back upon my bike. Just be sure to hold onto me so you don't fall off......" He states as he leads the avein over to the bike and conveniently straps him on just to be on the safe side. The avein looks much like a toddler compared to the giant on the bike as he gets on himself,making sure not to squish his, passenger. He left no room for argument as he did all of this, he knows how drunk people can get, so he just rushed him over ,to the bike.

"Follow if you wish." Gremlock speaks to the other guards and revs the bike be for taking,off at a moderit speed, but not blasting,off down the road. Just fast enough to get to the inn within a couple of minutes. Gremlock just really does not want to clean throw up off of his bike if he can help it.

Onek and Daz nodded to the enormous behemoth of a man as Sirak hopped onto the back of his bike. It was a good idea, as by now the alcohol from those beers was really catching up to him. As the group lifted into the air, Onek and Daz followed along, all the way back to the inn. What an interesting first day for the new ambassador of Skyhold City. Perhaps after Sirak slept off the drinks and got his bearings, he would begin to explore the city... this time without worrying about his father coming down on him. It was a good feeling.

(Leaving the session. Thanks Chris! Good RP!)

Edited by Sirak