Sign in to follow this  
Krauser

[RP] Into Darkness

Several days after becoming a wanted man, somewhere deep within the Outer Ocean of planet Solaris...

Krauser sat quietly in the inner cabin of the G.R.O. as the electric motors hummed and the hull of the vessel groaned from the ever increasing pressure applied to it by millions of gallons of sea water attempting to crush it into oblivion. "Don't worry, you can handle it." He patted the inner wall as he took a sip of a steaming hot cup of pitch black liquid.

The inner cabin of the G.R.O. had all the comforts of home, in fact, now it might as well be his home. From the outside the G.R.O. appeared to be a large bird-like mechanoid, but from within it was quite a sight to behold. It looked like a cross between some old fashioned submarine and or futuristic spaceship. It had been everywhere over the years... and now it was plunging deep into the oceans of planet Solaris.

Krauser took another sip and sat his cup down, staring out a small round window. He'd traveled far below the surface of the Outer Ocean and was heading toward what he'd determined to be the location of the world's deepest trench. He was looking for something specific, something that he and Gremlock had discovered 30,000 years in the future world. Perhaps it didn't exist yet, but Krauser suspected that it did... in fact, it was probably millions of years old.

The small vessel was approaching 55,000 feet below the surface at this point. There was no sign of any living creatures, though Krauser knew some very enormous creatures lurked these waters. He suspected he may even run into one or two of them. "Rusty, how you holding up?"

+273 EXP

"Well sir, aside from the possibility of being crushed into oblivion by a million tons of crushing salt water I'm feeling absolutely positive about our current situation." Rusty approached from the rear of the cabin and patted Krauser on the shoulder as he slipped by the man and made his way to the pilot's chair at the front of the vessel. He carefully scanned over the console and pressed a series of buttons and then took control of the vessel.

"I estimate we have approximately four hours remaining in our journey to this cavern you've been preaching about. That is, if it's even there." He gave Krauser a blank stare for a moment and then returned to the task at hand. As Rusty plunged forwards on the stick the G.R.O. quickly dove down further into the oceans depths. The hull groaned a bit, but otherwise the vessel was solid as a rock... it was entirely of ciedium alloy, so they had very little to worry about. Unless that is they were to be swallowed entirely by some enormous sea creature.

+181 EXP

An enormous figure, Garr, lurched from the shadows of the cargo bay and squeezed through the corridor into the main cabin. "Four bloody hours to go? I need some solid ground..." he groaned, a little green in the face. Garr had very clearly been puking the entire trip. He carried a bucket in one hand and carefully made his way over to Krauser, who was sitting in a chair by a small table near a tiny window. 

"It's so dark out there... I can't see a thing." He grumbled. When Krauser approached him with the idea of traveling into the depths of the ocean he was hesitant, but agreed to go along for the ride. Unfortunately for him however, he was prone to sea sickness and hadn't discovered it until now. He suddenly hefted his bucket to his mouth and blew chunks... again. "Oh god... I can't... I can't do it." He quickly turned and darted back into the cargo hold to lay down again.

+166 EXP

Laughter suddenly filled the cabin as a dark black, furry form rolled from one side to the other. "Looks like the big guy can't handle the motion of the ocean." Buh'lah Kee chuckled and pulled a blanket over his head. "Wake me when we get there... this is boring as shit!" The feline wasn't one to hide his views and opinions. For whatever reason Krauser had called him to join the crew before they left. What exactly this feline had to offer the mission, who knew... Krauser had always been fond of the cat-man though, and suspected his skills may come in handy.

+103 EXP

Krauser shook his head at his half-brother as he slipped back into the cargo hold. "I told you, I have medicine you could take for that... but noooo, you won't accept it." He took another sip and stared out the window into the darkness. It was pitch black and besides a faint whirring noise produced by the motors and Bu'lah Kee's snoring the inner cabin was dead silent. On that note, Krauser leaned over and twisted a nob on a small boxy-looking device. The gadget flickered to life and produced a tune, some tavern music it would seem. What was it with this guy and taverns?

"Rusty, do you think they'll ever forgive me? Not that it matters now, but some part of me feels a little bad about taking away all the toys." He spoke of calling a huge portion of the mechanoids back from Elyndaar City. He'd been thinking about a lot of things lately, but after hanging with Raynar for a bit it really opened his eyes. He wasn't helping the Elyndrians, he was spoon feeding them... making them weak. That Gorgon had a very valid point and the more Krauser thought about it, the more he agreed. 

So, why was this band of misfits headed to a cavern tens of thousands of meters below the oceans surface? Krauser hadn't made it clear yet, although Rusty had his suspicions. Rusty had a way of figuring out Krauser's plans sometimes before Krauser could open his mouth. Also, the fact that Krauser had Rusty gather up all of his temporal equipment before closing up shop made the mechanoid suspect the group was about to do some time traveling... maybe.

+280 EXP

Rusty quietly steered the G.R.O. further into the depths and finally the craft approached what appeared to be the floor of the ocean. He quickly pulled back on the stick and the craft leveled out. "We're approaching the trench, sir." Not long after he mentioned the trench the ocean floor simply dropped off into a seemingly infinite darkness. Rusty plunged the stick forward again and the entire craft dropped right over the ledge and vanished into the darkness below. Perhaps traveling further down into the depths than anyone had ever gone up until this point in time. 

+97 EXP

"Oh lord... -yaaak-" Garr spilled the contents of his stomach again. The sound of a large body sliding and rolling into a wall filled the craft. "Damn you Rusty, take it -yaaaak- easy..." Garr scrambled to take hold of something, but finally gave up and just laid on the wall of the cargo bay as the craft nearly went completely vertical on it's descent into the deepest darkest regions ever known to planet Solaris.

+75 EXP

Several hours later...

The G.R.O. quietly rose from the water deep within the planet inside an enormous cavern. This cavern had been hidden from time for likely millions of years. The gigantic machine switched from submarine mode to subterranean mode as a set of treads dropped down from the under body. The medium sized craft rolled onto the rocky surface of the cavern's floor and fully escaped the waters edge. It rolled to a stop and a side panel shifted open from the inside with a quiet hum.

"Wow, this place never changes... Just the same in the future as it is today. That makes this the perfect spot!" He said somewhat cheerfully as he hopped down from the side of the craft and made his way across the slippery stone surface. The lights of the G.R.O. kept the inner cavern well lit, but Rusty popped out right after Krauser with some lighting pylons. In a matter of moments the humanoid mechanoid hurried around the cavern, placing the glowing pylons in various strategic locations. 

Krauser smelled the air, it was surprisingly fresh considering how secluded this location was. The scent of million-year-old stone and a cold moisture filled his nostrils. Above them were some glowing deep sea worms that dangled harmlessly from the ceiling. The cavern was large and had several tunnels that ventured off into a cold darkness even Krauser wasn't quite ready to explore just yet.

"What do you think, gentlemen?" he asked inquisitively. 

+244 EXP

The massive form of Garr carefully stepped out of the G.R.O. onto the wonderfully solid surface of the cavern's floor. "Oh Lord, what a wonderful thing." He knelt down and slid his palm across the stone's surface. He'd never been so happy. The rocky ride below the oceans surface had last far too long, approximately 16 hours. 

"I may never return to the surface because I cannot handle that trip again..." Garr glanced around the large cavern and grinned. "This place suits me quite nicely." In fact, this cavern was very similar to Garr's home back in the Osperian Forest. Basically, a cave, which was the perfect place for Garr to thrive. He was quite at home in this place.

"This could be the new home of the Guardian race!" He said, cheerfully.

+133 EXP

"It already is," came a voice from the cabin of the G.R.O. "You are the only Guardian left, and you're here now... so it's all yours buddy!" Suddenly, the black, furry form of Bu'Lah Kee came flying out of the craft, grabbing a rail located above the panel and flipping to the roof of the craft.. rather gracefully. He perched quietly atop the craft for a brief moment and sniffed the air, blinking. "Why are we here again?" He specifically asked Krauser.

+82 EXP